07 February 2018
Haven’t looked at your ADV Part 2A in months? Staring at your computer screen, wondering where to start? Check out our ADV Part 2A checklist.
- Did you have any major changes to your firm’s business in 2017? Make a list!
- Have you opened or closed any new products or funds in 2017?
- Do your products invest in any new securities not previously found in the product offering?
We also suggest keeping a running tab throughout the year of non-material changes to the ADV.
- Do you have any new employees?
- Are the new employees client-facing?
- Are the new employees managing any products (portfolio managers)?
- Have you updated your Risk Matrix? Do those changes impact the ADV Part 2, specifically Item 8 (Methods of Analysis, Investment Strategies and Risk of Loss)?
- Have you updated the Code of Ethics to reflect any changes to your business and employee reporting?
- Did you have a disciplinary event occur this year that must be reported in Item 9?
- Did the SEC examine your firm in 2017?
- Did you implement any changes to policies and procedures due to the exam?
- Did the SEC suggest any changes to your ADV Part 2A that you have not made since your exam?
And, of course, talk to us!